Monday, March 22, 2010

She Speaks

Oh my gosh, Lysa TerKeurst just replied to something I put on Facebook - my day is off to a GREAT start!

I've talked about Lysa TerKeurst many times over the past year and 1/2 or so. I even blogged about her HERE and HERE

The reason for this post is really pretty selfish. There is this scholarship contest to go to the She Speaks Conference - an event Lysa TerKeurst's ministry (P31) produces. Part of the entry process is to post something on your blog about the contest.

Going to this conference is one of those "pie in the sky" things I've always wanted to do.

Why would I want to go to this conference?

Truth is, I believe God has gifted me in some pretty unique ways. I also believe everything in my life has happened for a purpose. The adoption drama, the story of Faith in the face of nothingness. Losing friends, dashed hopes and dreams, hurtful and wrong assumptions made about me and my family..and the bottom line, embracing God's calling on my life.

I would like to further embrace God's calling on my life; but I'm not sure what the next right step is. I've done a lot of writing over the years (here and in real magazines), done a lot of speaking. I would love to further explore both, and just see what comes of it. If it is God's plan...it'll happen!

That is why I have entered to win one of these scholarships. We need to prayerfully consider what God' plan is not only for our family, but for our careers. This might be the next right step.

Thanks for indulging me...and now, back to our regularly scheduled updates.

No comments: