In a nutshell, last night was a rough night. Transition and change is hard. Well - after a heartbreaking evening, it ended very well. Lots of hugs and kisses, lots of bed time snuggling.
This morning started out just as nice...with Anya climbing into bed with us, making sure that we're all covered up with blankets, then going to get her stuffed animals - making sure they're all covered up with blankets - and getting back in bed with us. Ya know - the routine of it all is VERY important!
Anya's first English lesson was this morning too. Anne (the English teacher) got here about 11. The lesson went very well. We decided that it would be best if we weren't here when the lesson went on. Anya would be distracted with us so close by, and probably wouldn't pay attention. No need to worry - we know Anne, and know her family - have met her parents, she is a perfectly capable safe person to leave your children with. No flame comments, please!
Meet Anne - and no, I don't know what kind of bozo face Anya is making here - she is goofy!
Nice smile...better!
Anyway - after the lesson, we took Anne to lunch (Debbie, went to the pizza place across the street for the first time). Anne came back to the apartment with us to give us a little Russian help. There are some things we need to know how to say perfectly (for discipline etc.). Anya then talked all of us into playing Uno (which is a game I think she could play over and over again all. day. long.!)
It was so nice to have Anne here translating those little things Anya says that we don't quite get. Let me say, Anya has a great sense of humor! She was making jokes, and laughing so hard, she couldn't hardly stop.
Then tonight I decided to make Tami's famous lentil soup from scratch. For those who know me well, STOP LAUGHING! I actually did make the soup, and it was very VERY good! I am adding it to my repertoire of things I know I can cook.
Anya is such a joy to be around. She is very eager to help - always wanting to help me in the kitchen. We are feeling overwhelmingly blessed by our little one tonight. As Anya says as she ends her prayers, "spaceeba Christo"!
2 comments:
I bet Anya was SO HAPPY to be understood that that helped lessen the tension level a little bit, for all of you! What a blessing to have Anna there-how'd you connect with her? I'm constantly amazed by you!
Were our waitress friends at the restaurant? Did you like the food? Have the greek salad???? my absolute favorite!
Harry and David have a Lentil Soup mix - keep that in mind if you go to Michigan City! Yum.
Anya will pick up English quickly. I commend you for also wanting to learn her mother tongue better.
Post a Comment