Friday, March 26, 2010

the passport saga continues

We finally got an update on things today. Apparently our passport was processed in Moscow on the 18th, and it takes 12-14 days after THAT date to get it back here.

(deep breath) That is NOT what the lady said when we submitted the paperwork for the passport on the 11th. On the 11th, she said that we could start checking on it in 12-14 days FROM THAT DATE, she even gave us the date of the 22nd. It's been 2 weeks and 1 day since we submitted the paperwork.

(here I go, asking for another prayer request) Please PLEASE pray that it comes in early next week!

5 of our weeks here have been spent waiting on paperwork - yes, 5 WEEKS! Our spirits are done, our patience is gone, our bank accounts are about empty, and our enthusiastic adventurous attitudes have taken a hike. We need to get home.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I will pray Kathy. Waiting is so hard. So very hard.

Anonymous said...

WOW....Home SWEET HOME....will
seem sweeter that ever....each day
is one day closer to being home.....May God speed up the
process.....I cannot image the
look on Anya's face when she sees
her new home and room....God Bless,
Pam, South Bend

JulieNicholas said...

Praying right now!

Debbie said...

Praying for patience for all - I know how hard it is!