Anya has been fascinated with me putting on my makeup - she watches me intently. Hasn't really asked to use anything, although I jokingly will dust her face with a blush brush. The other day, she started going through my makeup bag. The makeup I use is pretty expensive, not exactly the kind you want your 7 year old to play with. I had thought about this a LONG time ago, and have been saving the last little bit of lipsticks and eyeshadow for years. But all that saved stuff is at home, and I am here - 10,000 miles away.
About the same time all this makeup fascination happens, Anya begins to decide that she is going to pout every morning when I lay out what she is to wear that day. The pouting is getting old, so I was also trying to think of a way to avoid this attitude-fest in the mornings.
Then a few days ago, I went shopping by myself (more on that later). I took about an hour and 1/2 and just walked and walked. It was great. Went to the Brand Store mall. There is a Russian Sephora in that mall. While I was eyballing some red toenail polish, I saw it...eyeshadow and lip gloss in the most beautiful pale pink colors...colors that really don't even show up on your skin. SOLD!
Now, in the morning, Anya knows she has to get dressed before she can put on her makeup for the day. Awesome! She is choosing to not pout and get an attitude, but to quickly put on her clothes so that she can put on her makeup. Here are some photos from today:




Like most kids, Anya doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy are doing anything that isn't paying 100% attention to her. In order to let Daddy get some exercise, we decided that Anya can do some sit ups too! Scary thing, I think she can do more push-ups than Daddy!
6 comments:
So sweet, how neat that she wants to be just like mommy and have the same morning routine that you do. I bet that makes your heart sing! Enjoy!
How precious, and lovely! Anya's hair is so beautiful and shiney. Look out boys! AND Daddy too! lol
Joan Yoder
My one grand daughter loves the nail polish, make up too. I have some she can use that is clear. I always remind her that inner beauty is most important!
I didn't comment on your last post because I have never been to Russia, but after spending 12 weeks in France, I loved the 'men purse'. I got my husband one and gave him my stuff to tote around! Loved it! He did get some stares here in the US when he carried it...
Just a thought, i don't think most 7-yr.-olds have their clothes laid out for them by their mothers. If she's been used to selecting her own wardrobe for the day, she may not like you doing this for her. For my girls, when they were little, I hung up their clothes as "outfits" - with the tops and bottoms matching and socks or tights in ziplock bags attached at the top. They got to choose what they were wearing every day, but I still had enough control that purple polka dots were not worn with orange and black stripes.
I choose my almost-seven-year-olds clothes every day. ;> Well, if we're staying home, I may let her have more say. But, generally, I choose. And she cheerfully wears it.
There are times when I'll ask if she wants a dress or pants, but usually I pick.
And, I think it's a good attachment thing--everything comes from Mama.
So, how are you going to get her to stop wearing make-up once you're home? ;>
Kath---this is adorable. Memories you will NEVER forget!!!
Post a Comment