Potato Pancakes
4 potatoes
1 onion
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3 tbl spns flour
Pepper to taste
Oil (for pan)
OPTIONAL
Mushrooms
Cheese
Grate potatoes
Mix in egg salt, pepper and flour
Add onion and other ingredients
Mix together until all liquid is absorbed. You may need to add more flour (we added a LOT more)
Drop balls of mixture into oiled pan with a spoon (at about med to med-hi). Flip until golden brown on both sides.
HINT
If you have a lot of these to make, you will want to put the done ones in the oven to keep them warm. Also, if your pancakes are thick, put them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes to be sure they are cooked all the way through.
4 comments:
yum! I'm going to make them for breakfast.
I love potato pancakes - my mom used to make them alot... I just never take the time but order them if a side dish choice!
Made them this morning and they were great! Thank you!
I just made these for the first time EVER and used your recipe. My husband said just like his moms!!!
Thanks Kath!
Post a Comment