Yesterday, Tami and Steve came to see us. Steve is headed out of town, and won't be back until after we're gone (well, we'd BETTER be gone when he returns to Irkutsk!). They brought a package with them that was delivered to their home for us. It was from Debbie, Brian, JJ and Nathan.
Oh my - did this gift come at the right time! I was right in the middle of getting a bad attitude abut still being here without any hope on the horizon of leaving. This care page was what I needed. It was filled with so many goodies - lots of books for Anya, candy, magazines for me - Marty, nail polish and remover, Jello, Air Heads and Starburst (2 of my all time favorite candies - sorry Anya, those are for Mommy!).
I think the best part of this was being able to go on Facebook, and show Anya JJ and Nathan's photos. I told her that the gift from from her friends JJ and Nathan. She asked "in America"? I said "of course!". We looked through all the photos Debbie has on her facebook page of the boys, and Anya's face went from quizzical to all smiles to a look of 'ya, those boys are MY friends'.
On top of that, knowing that someone back home is thinking about you, loves you enough to do something as thoughtful as this...well, it's a big deal and we are truly blessed (time and time again) by the Ninmanns.
LOVE YOU GUYS! Can't wait til we get home!
Here are some pics of the goods:


1 comment:
You are welcome! We love you too!
Great use of the ironing board :)
Post a Comment