Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Something is seriously wrong with me

OK - something is wrong with me.  HOLD YOUR WISE COMMENTS TO THE END, PLEASE!

I'm serious. I can not remember anything,  My ability to remember to do things has gone away.

Here is an example:
A friend asked me for a gift certificate for a fund raiser she is having.  Of course I agreed...and then forgot about it.  She sent me a message a few days ago as a gentle reminder - I was reminded (for the moment).  Then I was on Facebook and noticed another friend was asking her how to get her donation to the event - BIG reminder I need to do this.  This friend and I agreed to meet at my hair place so she could pick up the certificate.  I print it...and forget about it.  Friend shows up at the hair place...I see her...OOPS!

This isn't uncommon.  It happens ALL THE TIME these days.

I've heard about Mommy brain, but this is crazy.

Please tell me I am not the only one who has completely lost the ability to remember things!

4 comments:

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Nope! Story of my life. I am a list maniac because I am only as sharp as my pencil. Seriously.

Debbie said...

I agree - if I don't write it down it's forgotten!

kate said...

I'm convinced (and terrified!) I have early-onset Alzheimers...but my friend assures me it's just mommy brain.

Becky said...

It isn't going to get better. And multi-tasking? Ha! I work for a therapist and several days ago we were talking and she commented that as you get older, your ability to multi-task diminishes. She later gave me two projects and when I asked her which she wanted done first she asked, 'Can't you work on both of them at the same time?' I reminded her about the multi-tasking conversation........