Monday, July 11, 2011
very odd few weeks
These past few weeks have been so strange. I mean, REALLY weird.
One of my close friends had a stroke. My friends DON'T have strokes! We get together for shopping, pedicures and glasses of wine.
My brother's girlfriend (of several years) got very ill. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. It seems that the diagnosis bounced between Lupus to cancer to heart disease. She went to be with Jesus on Saturday. How does THAT happen to a beautiful, full of life 31 year old?
My husband lost his job due to the sale of a company. He has always been "self employed" but was "partners" (so to speak) in a business for the past (I don't know...) 15 years. We will be fine. We will replace the income, the insurance, the gas card, the internet, the cell phone. I just wish we would have had more than 30 seconds notice about this.
I am pouting because this happened the SAME month I generally stop working for the summer to spend time with Anya. And, 2 days after I purchased tickets to take the family with me on a business trip (making it our first REAL family vacation).
In hubby's line of work, it takes a while to get paid. To get the projects, do the projects and then get paid for the projects can sometimes be a 4-6 month window. Once that ball gets rolling (and it is rolling), we will be fine. Again, I am a little bitter that we didn't have some notice that this was coming. We had no time to save, to prepare...to make cut backs on spending to get through a few hard months. To start eating Ramen Noodles for every meal...to become one of those crazy coupon people.
But - God is in control of ALL of this. His glory will shine through all the junk.
Oh, and did I mention that I have also officially hit my mid-40's?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are in a very similar boat......death.....employment ....insurance issues......I've spent a lot of sleepless nights with the Lord......I know HE know the outcome.....
God Bless, Pam
Post a Comment