The other day when Anya was in her English lesson, and asked Anne if she was coming to America with us. Anne (of course) said, no. Anya then exclaimed "but who will I play with!?" She already knows that Melissa, Ashley and Andrew aren't coming to America with us either.
I have been thinking about this exchange for a few days. What a great example of Daddy Knows Best. As Christians, don't we always ask our heavenly Father for things that seem to be in our best interest at the time? I know I do. From Anya's perspective, none of her friends will be in America. As her Father knows - there are dozens of kiddos waiting to be her friend there - so many friends, she won't know what to do with them all. Anya needs to trust her Father - as we need to trust ours.
Trusting that HE has our best interest at heart, and that HIS plan is ALWAYS better than ours can be a hard lesson (take it from one who knows).
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jer 29)
2 comments:
My favorite verse!!!!
Pam, South Bend
That verse was the basis of our wedding sermon and has gotten us through many, many times of uncertainty in our married life so far...and I am sure more to come...
But it is so hard to remember that sometimes! :)
Post a Comment