1. When you get out of college, that horrible cheap dorm furniture is sold at a garage sale to Russian people (we think), and then it is used to furnish the apartments of adoptive families.
2. We have also determined that this sofa was part of the Mayflower. It is old. It is rare. It is famous.
In an effort to answer your questions, we converted the sofa to a bed...or play area...or more comfortable sofa. First, we pulled out the bottom revealing this strange looking support device.

Then we unfolded the cushions over the top of the support...seems to be an ingenious design. Please note the roomy accommodations of this flat...the extra space between the sofa and the kitchen table (on the right...look for the bright yellow table cloth)
Finally, Marty tried out the new contraption to make sure it was safe for women and children.
After covering it's nastiness with a comforter, and using the baby crib mattress as a back support cushion - we have a new piece of furniture! And, apparently it is safe for children!
7 comments:
Love that last picture. Precious!
it looks great! Too bad you didn't give us that idea LAST year! :)
It's the family's cuddling couch!
As Aleeza and I were reading about your first day with Anya, Aleeza kept saying, "Same as me." She was soooo excited to leave the orphanage, she was and still is very good at entertaining herself (it's an orphan thing), and she had the same doll that Anya has!!! Oh, she also had a time out on the first day, and we also had a really ugly uncomfortable couch that was also our bed!!!!
I'm loving the pics! Food pics even better! My hat's off to Marty as an interior designer(ha,ha,ha).
I think everyone has had that first day "time out" situation. I remember that with my first adoption and when we visited our children back in 2004. In 2008, my son would have visited the corner more often than I dare admit (had he been in an aprtment with me). It is one of those situations where they will test the waters because everything is so new for them. Also, these kids have way too much time on their hands at the orphanages and can get into a heap of mischief!
That's what I was telling y'all about on fb!! lol That is exactly how we lived! Much better, huh?
Hmm...no posts since Wednesday...I guess you're parents!
Just checking in on you. Know that we understand and will LOVE hearing whatever you have time to post whenever you have time to post it.
Post a Comment