Monday, March 29, 2010

God said, not right now...

Today there was just a bombing, a terrorist attack in Moscow. The attack was around the Kremlin on the subways during rush hour. At least 37 were killed, dozens more injured. The suspects are women.

Last week we prayed, you prayed. We wanted to be in Moscow today, on Monday. We wanted to leave this morning and arrive into Moscow around 8am. Our plans were to immediately start the medicals and deal with the paperwork at the Embassy.

We figured out a way to stay at the chosen Marriott, the one close to Red Square and the Kremlin.

God said, not right now. Admittedly, I kicked and screamed a bit. Didn't HE know how badly we need to get home? Doesn't HE understand the cost of staying here a second longer?

We didn't understand, didn't see the whole picture. Much of the past 6 years I haven't completely understood. Much of the wait is becoming clearer as to WHY; I'll never know all of the reasons - and I don't need to know the reasons.

No more will I ask 'why'.

6 comments:

Becky said...

'..... and I don't need to know the reasons.' The best thing about my faith is that I don't have to ask, 'Why?' I have learned you miss too many blessings while waiting for an answer. He knows. I can always trust His heart.

kate said...

It's an awesome thing isn't it? Truly, inspiring awe.

Fran said...

Oh, my! Takes me to my knees!

JulieNicholas said...

So thankful you had to "wait" this time and you are all safe!

Anonymous said...

Thought of you all when I heard this on the news this morning....
May God's hedge of protection continue to surround you.
Pam, South Bend

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Wow!!!!
Unanswered prayers.