Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Step 1 - adoption decree, CHECK!

We were able to get the official adoption decree today. Things have changed quite a bit from the way things were a year ago. We do not need to get a citizenship stamp before heading to the birth certificate office. This is great, and will cut a day or more out of the process.

Also, the passport office was only open 2 days a week - now, it is open 6 days a week - YAY!
Tomorrow Anya's new birth certificate. We'll head to the office at about 11am. Sounds like this will be like a trip to the DMV (i.e. you go, get a number and stand in line). The office shuts down from 1-2pm for lunch, so our hope is to be in and out by 1. Then, we'll head to the photography place to get Anya's picture taken for the passport.

Now, if I understood it right, we will then go to the passport office. I've been known to not understand what Andrew has said before (but I maintain that Andrew SAID one thing, but meant the other...his English and tense of words sometimes gets mixed up). In all reality, we will probably have to wait a day for the photos, and go to the passport office on Thursday. But who knows!

I am just praying that these last few steps in the process go smoothly and swiftly. We're all exhausted, ready to come home, and get on with life.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Wonderful! So glad that you finally have the document you need to proceed with all the passport stuff. Hopefully it'll all be completed by the end of the month and you'll be home by Easter. What a wonderful 'new beginning' for all of us. Praise God!

Lisa said...

That's great news about the citizenship stamp and passport office! Yahoo!

kate said...

Every day quicker is great! Good news on the passport office opening hours, too.

Here you can get your document photos (because LOTS of them need photos, it seems) in about 20 minutes--tops. I hope yours comes as quickly!

I'm loving all your good news. You'll be home in no time!

(Though you're still welcome to visit...)

Debbie said...

Oh man, good news!

Now we won't ever know if the box of paper was a bribe or not at the citizenship stamp office LOL

What we had to do last year was get the pix taken, then go to the passport office (which was about the worst waiting ever...like a non-line DMV office...one place Andrew had no connections it appeared) and turned it all in. Then they took another pix of Nathan in a booth there for the digital encription in the passport I think... then we waited... Oh, I'm SO HOPING you can get that passport quickly~that was honestly the worst wait out of the whole time there...

If the whole region has gone to these passports maybe it will come quicker - remember, last year we missed the deadline by what was it, 3-days???, to get the "old kind"!?

Isn't it just a relief to cross off one of the steps?!

Hugs and smiles!

Debbie said...

And on the "tenses" - Brian and I still laugh (now) about Olga's translation in court when she said "and now we take a break for one year" -- "one YEAR!?" I said -- Oh, no - she says "one HOUR!"