Wednesday, March 17, 2010

sad - the things I don't know

It’s sad, really. There is so much about Anya I don’t know. I don’t know how she got the little scar by her eye or how she got the little scar under her arm (or if it is even a scar).

We learned that she has never had a bath. At the orphanage, the children showered – a few at a time (assuming 3-4 girls at a time), and from what I understand, they were only “allowed” to do that once a week (ONCE A WEEK!?). Generally, they would wash in a sink, with no soap. I can only imagine how filthy the wash rag was.

Anya told Anne (the English teacher) that she was very excited that she gets to wash every night, and made sure to tell Anne, that Mommy and Daddy wash every morning.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

yep....Feel your pain.

Nicki said...

Ohhhh, heartbreaking, not just the bath stuff, but, all the things you don't know. Try not to think about that part(I use the word TRY ;-) We think about you guys everyday and check up on you..so happy you have her.

kate said...

Yep. Just...yep.

Debbie said...

That is a sad thing... Nathan tells us how he got the scar on his nose but I'm not sure if I believe him or not. It's interesting what he tells us about that and the eye injury incident last Jan when we were visiting... On some of his marks I asked Alex to check the medicals and he couldn't find anything-so I don't dwell on it!

Anonymous said...

How much of an explanation has
she been given for the things she
doesn't know either??
You each have wonderful-exciting chapters to write now...The Lord saw all of this unfolding...it is a pleasure to pray for you all and the transitions you all will make.
God Bless, Pam, South Bend