Thursday, March 18, 2010

on being scared

Last night as I was washing my face, Anya came running into the bathroom with a scared look on her face. She was saying "mommy mommy!".

I picked her up, and she grabbed me so hard I knew something was wrong.

I asked her if she was scared...she said yes.

After a few minutes of comforting her, I put her back into bed, and she went right to sleep.

I don't know what scared her. Might have been a dream, a noise outside or maybe Marty's snoring (he was already in bed).

Why am I posting a seemingly insignificant event? Because she ran to me for comfort. She was crying out to Mommy when she was scared. For me, that was a big deal.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is AWESOME Kathy! Just AWESOME! I know that's one of those moments you'll cherish forever, thanks for sharing!

Fran said...

What a wonderful moment. One that you'll keep in your heart forever!

J-La-Sta said...

Awwww. That is very significant event! Thanks for sharing!

Juliane Lusk said...

Very touching, and so beautifully significant... smiles...

Nate and Brenda said...

That is exactly what you want to see!!! I wonder if she had a night terror. Katie still gets them and at times she will wake up screaming. They are getting fewer and fewer but I still love how she wants mom and dad when they happen.

Debbie said...

Precious! Maybe a little of everything contributed to it (a noise on the street?) But how wonderful she went to you!

kate said...

That is a BIG DEAL>

(Does she call you "Mommy"? I've been mommied since school started, and I miss being Mama. I think it's inevitable, though.)