One thing I have learned is when you stop expecting something to happen, it happens. When you stop trying to control the happenings around you, you allow God to move to work everything out for good. So in taking my own advice, I didn’t expect to get Anya today. I figured something would come up – so last night, I didn’t get anything together, didn’t clean the apartment, didn’t run to the grocery store, and didn’t put away the laundry that is drying on the racks in our room. But I think that is OK. It’s ok that everything is a mess; at home, goodness knows things aren’t perfect! I don’t always have the house picked up and laundry put away. To be honest, the opposite is generally true!
I am trying to get a handle on my feelings this a.m. My stomach feels weird, I can tell my blood pressure is probably through the roof, and I have a zit on my chin.
We ate oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast. Took some beef out of the freezer for dinner (thinking a stew, potato – carrot – celery and beef for the man and child).
I am making all these mental lists of things I need to do – and I remembered I think I forgot to pay some bills online. No worries Tara, nothing will get shut off!
CURRENT TIME: 11:30 – still waiting.
CURRENT TIME: 11:54 – still waiting.
CURRENT TIME: 12:22 – still waiting.
CURRENT TIME: 12:40 – still waiting.
FINALLY 12:45 – we’re outta here!
UPDATE: 3:00 - late lunchtime. First meal together as a family. Grilled Cheese sandwiches, pickles and fish crackers. GOTCHA! 5 years, 7 months and 2 days after we started down this path, we've finally come to the dead end, and are able to jump up on the highway!
13 comments:
Congratulations! I'm personally very excited that we will be the first to meet Anya. I guess we can make all your friends in the US jealous.
Tami
YEAH!!!
Tami, you are so lucky!! Please hug all of them from all of us!!
Congratulations! You are so blessed. What a beautiful family picture.
Tami - Yes I can say we are a little jealous!! :) Give her a big squeeze from us all!!
Kathy and Marty and Anya!! BIG tears of joy!! FINALLY TOGETHER!!! Does not get much better than that. Except maybe that you were home now!! So happy for you guys!!
Those smiles say it all! goosebumps!
Kathy, the "not planning so then it happens" phenom only happens once during the stay so do not try to attempt it again to make the passport appear quicker!! :)
Enjoy this time getting to know her and she knowing you as a family...it helps so much on the flights to come and the adjustment to home.
Can't wait for further updates!
Grilled cheese, fish crackers and pickles is Whitney's favorite lunch. She is officially invited over to share a lunch w/the Wegner girls! Can't wait!
Look at those smiles! Enjoy your day! It's FINALLY here! =)
AMEN and hallelujah!
Well done, good and faithful servants. You did not grow weary. You ran the race intended for you.
But, don't take off those running shoes just yet. ;>
LOVE!
Kate
Tami, I am so jealous that you'll be the first to meet our Anya! Give her a big kiss from her Grammy. I'm sooo happy that she's finally at 'home' with the two of you, the beginning of a wonderful life!
Congratulations!!! You've finally made it to the next level in the Friend Family Adventure game!
We are just so thrilled for you guys! As Debbie said, do try to enjoy and treasure this time, as tough as that will be some days. Nest, explore, relax, eat lots of ice cream, play games, laugh a lot, as you gently introduce the routines and rules of family life. As soon as you get home, life hits you hard, and you'll actually wax nostalgic for all the relaxed, focused family time provided by your forced Siberian vacation.
Rejoicing with you,
Kirsten
Congratulations!!! You've finally made it to the next level in the Friend Family Adventure game!
We are just so thrilled for you guys! As Debbie said, do try to enjoy and treasure this time, as tough as that will be some days. Nest, explore, relax, eat lots of ice cream, play games, laugh a lot, as you gently introduce the routines and rules of family life. As soon as you get home, life hits you hard, and you'll actually wax nostalgic for all the relaxed, focused family time provided by your forced Siberian vacation.
Rejoicing with you,
Kirsten
Love the smiles!! What a wonderful day!
CONGRATULATIONS! .... FINALLY!
Post a Comment