Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monday meetings

We won't see Anya today. I wish we had a way of telling her that we couldn't be there because we are preparing for court. Unfortunatley, there aren't enough words in my limited vocabulary to get this point across.

We won't see Anya for 2 days (I think).

Monday will start with Marty and I working hard on refreshing our memories with every aspect of our documents. We've prepared our speeches for the court, and need to practice them.

After lunch we'll meet with Alex to review everything for court on Tuesday.

Then we'll spend the night...well, knowing me -I'll be sick to my stomach, unable to eat - pacing the floors until morning.

We covet your prayers, and are already feeling them. We know that we will walk into that court room with the armor of God, and will be confident in knowing that HE has gone before us to prepare everyone involved with our case.

I don't know when I will be able to post again. I hope to be able to give you all an update by Tuesday night. I am not going to promisw anything as I don't know how the day will go.

14 comments:

Michelle Wegner said...

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it unto completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

My prayer for you, Marty, and Anya. (and for clean hair and hands.) :)

M641 said...

I'm sure you found some comfort on many of the tough days, just knowing that Anya was well taken care of..while not in your care. But now, I cannot fathom how you are feeling. Know, that now more than ever, God feels your desire to be the caretaker of this child. He feels it in your prayers while you're there. He sees all the doubts in your mind. Please continue to take care of yourselves. We continue to pray that God's will be carried out.

Becky said...

Lord, today the Friend family is on my heart. I ask that you give them a sense of Your peace. As they prepare for court, give them clear minds. Help them to get the physical rest that they need. When it is time to speak, give them the words to say. Thank you for Anya. I pray that someday you will be a part of her life as well. I ask that Kathy and Marty reflect You in all that they say in the days to come.

Thank you for Your love and for the fact that Your eye is on the sparrow and it is certainly on Anya. Thank you for the peace that only You can give.....

Lisa said...

We're praying for you, and have lots of family and friends praying as well.

The W's

Nicki said...

Thank you so much for keeping us posted. You're doing great, God is with you, and we are ALL praying for you, Marty and Anya(we also have friends and family praying:)

Debbie said...

everything everyone else has posted I'm saying too... AND

Romans 12:12 - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Philippians 4:6,7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13 - I CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH.

Michelle Wegner said...

Kathy,
So funny that Debbie Quoted from Philippians also.

When I was on my way out of church today, this little girl said to her dad, "Dad, we learned about this Phillip guy in the Bible." Her dad said, "You mean the book of Philippians?" she said yep.

:)

Sounds like a running theme.

Fran said...

Oh, my, what else can I say? since reading your blog before church this morning, you have been on my mind and heart constantly. I have our Prayer Chain alerted, and the Chancel Choir and Bell Choirs praying. I'm getting together with a group of friends tomorrow after work to pray continuously till after court starts. God is with you and Anya. As Michelle said, "He who began a good work in you will carry it unto completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

A bath and clean hair and hands would be oh, so good also!! :-)

Amy said...

We are still here, Kathy & Marty, and I am praying that everything goes smoothly from here on out. I can't imagine the pressure of what is ahead of you, but you can do anything with God on your side. I know He is watching over you and we are praying that this is resolved soon so you can bring your little girl home!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a crazy way to see God's love and strength - when we are completely weak and relying 100% on him.
Don't worry. You and Marty will do very well. Every bit of your fight for the last 5 years has been to strengthen you for this moment! You will wear the armor of God and slay all doubts and fears. We will all rejoice in your victory!
God Bless You!

Becky said...

I wanted you to know that before our staff meeting, I reminded my fellow Christian about you and we both went to a quiet place and briefly prayed. I have been praying througout the morning as you come to my mind.

Kris Peterson said...

Praying for endurance to run the race to the end.

Steve and Kris

Nate and Brenda said...

In our thoughts and prayers ALL the time!! God is watching over Anya in that place. That is the only I ever got through my children being in a Russian orphanage and a Chinese Orphanage, knowing that God was with them every second! Praying it will not be much longer and she will never have to go back there.

Classic Kitchen Twist said...

Thinking of you all night tonight and praying.