I have to tease my friend Debbie. When she and her husband were here a year ago, she would keep us all updates on her blog with the happenings of the day, complete with the day's menu.
So, in keeping with Debbie's foodie posts...here is what we had today:
Home made chocolate chip cupcakes
home made mac-n-cheese
broccoli (that was grown in the backyard of the home where we are staying)
an orange (from Egypt, but not that much different than California naval oranges)
and some ice cream
No - don't get all excited. I didn't all the sudden become all domestic and learn to cook overnight. Tami, our gracious hostess, made all of this. She is amazing (and doesn't know it). I think she should open a restaurant for American families visiting Irkutsk.
6 comments:
I think a restaurant sounds like a great idea. Especially one with a TRUE english menu, you know, the kind where you actually get something that matches the description.
You're blessed to have such great friends right there with you!
LOL - I'll be expecting more now :)
It's so funny because going back and reading my posts about food just make me smile knowing how everyone (including my husband!) thought it was so funny to post about. Isn't food and music the two triggers for memories??
Love you!
Oh hey - have you had Tami's pickles??
yummmmmm
Debbie, I had a huge chuckle...when you said "have you had Tami's pickles?" Kat-you are in all due respects about to have a baby...... it could warrant a craving of some sort! I know I'm warped, but chuckled quietly, trying to lighten the heavy time you had that I just read about it court! Amazing!
Kathy, any news? I'm going nuts. I know y'all must be so anxious. Prayers coming your way.
Post a Comment