Friday, February 26, 2010

STUFF I DON’T WANT TO FORGET

I keep remembering things that I don’t want o forget a year from now.

While we were at dinner after court, Alex got a call. He got the funniest look on his face, and said “oh, it’s the US Embassy!”. I figured they were calling to see how things went with us in court. He talked for a minute, hung u the phone and told the others at the table who it was. They all kinda gasped and looked at us a little differently (in a good way).

It was Jessica’s (the counsel general) assistant calling to check on us. Through the years, I’ve been in touch with the Embassy in Moscow, and have had more phone calls from Moscow at the crack of dawn than I care to admit. So, when we got a court date, I let them know. At the time, there was some other drama going on that I wanted to be sure they knew about too.

I know the Embassy calls to check on families all the time – but I still think it was nice that they checked in on us.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

isn't that just the nicest feeling - that someone outside the states knows where you are and CARES!