Friday, February 19, 2010

after court

As I mentioned, after court we went to dinner at the Japanese restaurant on Karl Marks street. Actually, it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. For 7 people, dinner was about $180 (about $26 a person). The restaurant was very much like a Japanese restaurant we have at home.

Here is a photo of the night:
Pictured (l-r)
Me
Alex
Olga (or interpreter in court - she is great! I am sure we'd be friends if I lived here - hee hee! And, she had a great haircut -if I need a trim, I am going to call her!)
the guardianship lady (whose name is Olga too I think)
and at the end, the lady from the Adoption Center (whose name I can't remember - but she is super sassy and fun. We think she looks like Marty's sister, so she was introducing herself as Marty's Russian sister - hee hee!)

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cool!

Lisa said...

Okay, gotta ask... how was dinner? Was it awkward? Were the women talkative?

Debbie said...

Olga (translator) had long hair last year... and you should see her fur coat :) The Olga from the Adoption Center is a different one than we had in court?! (who was Olga too). Sounds fun... Like I said it would have been neat to have that celebration dinner. Is this the place next to the Snowflake?

Becky said...

People who will always be a part of your life and have a special place in your heart memories.

Nate and Brenda said...

Debbie, the Olga that you had and we had was let go from the adoption center even though she was wonderful and did a great job. Something happened that wasn't really her fault and the fired her. I remember Alex emailing me about it.

I loved the celebration dinners. It was always a relaxing time as the really hard part was done and you could sit back and just smile!