As uncomfortable as that piece of "furniture" was, it was an easier perch than the blanket on the floor where my painfully unflexible husband had to play for 5 weeks in the couchless Khanadzava apartment...
This is Brian on Debs account , Just seeing that couch get my blood pressure going .The left side kept coming apart so the cushion would tip in the front. I patched it a couple times with the tool that I found there and bought screws at the mall. The day we left I took it and made it not fixable (without breaking it) and Alex said He would get a new one .(as he had a pocket full of our money )
Did you have the TV in the master bedroom in the Khanadzava Apt? Or was it not there at all? I seem to remember Brandi commenting about that when we were there in 01/07 ?
I'm sorry, did you say "master bedroom"? (giggle) Sorry, that just makes it sound so elegant. I don't recall a tv in that apt when we were there in '05 and '09.
As we ponder why the standard Russian "couch" is strangely uncomfortable and retro-looking in all the wrong ways, here's a thought: Have you ever wondered where the furniture from your college dorm lounge went when it died? Hmmm...
Yup, same one as six years ago. In fact everything looks exactly the same! I have pictures of our food on those same blue plates and our first meal with that same table cloth. LOL It was much more comfortable with the sofa bed part pulled out. I think we used it as a "play bed" Kirsten, you are right it does beat the floor in the other apartment. And Debbie, no TV in the master for us.
7 comments:
That looks about as comfortable as the one in Lena's old apartment. Overall, though, that's a nice place to have to hang out.
oh man, it IS the same... and NO it's not a comfortable couch! I'll have to have Brian comment later! :) So much for the "note" :)
Uh, that's the same couch from SIX years ago!
As uncomfortable as that piece of "furniture" was, it was an easier perch than the blanket on the floor where my painfully unflexible husband had to play for 5 weeks in the couchless Khanadzava apartment...
This is Brian on Debs account ,
Just seeing that couch get my blood pressure going .The left side kept coming apart so the cushion would tip in the front.
I patched it a couple times with the tool that I found there and bought screws at the mall.
The day we left I took it and made it not fixable (without breaking it) and Alex said He would get a new one .(as he had a pocket full of our money )
So he must of had it fixed .
We would not even sell at a rummage sale .
Yes, Kirsten, true! Brian-be grateful -- lol
Did you have the TV in the master bedroom in the Khanadzava Apt? Or was it not there at all? I seem to remember Brandi commenting about that when we were there in 01/07 ?
Debbie
Hey, Debbie -
I'm sorry, did you say "master bedroom"? (giggle) Sorry, that just makes it sound so elegant. I don't recall a tv in that apt when we were there in '05 and '09.
As we ponder why the standard Russian "couch" is strangely uncomfortable and retro-looking in all the wrong ways, here's a thought: Have you ever wondered where the furniture from your college dorm lounge went when it died? Hmmm...
Yup, same one as six years ago. In fact everything looks exactly the same! I have pictures of our food on those same blue plates and our first meal with that same table cloth. LOL It was much more comfortable with the sofa bed part pulled out. I think we used it as a "play bed" Kirsten, you are right it does beat the floor in the other apartment. And Debbie, no TV in the master for us.
Post a Comment