Saturday, February 20, 2010

your questions answered

I thought I would post answers to some of the questions you've sent me.

Was it uncomfortable going to dinner with the people after court?
No, not at all. Everyone talked and laughed...we had 3 English speakers at the table in addition to us.

When will we be home?
Good question, we really don't know. I hope by the end of March. Today I feel like I have hit the wall - I don't feel 100%; I think the physical manifestation of the stress of the past 5 years hit me. Hives, rash, upset stomach, overly tired - so today, I am more than ready to just go home. I am sure this feeling will pass when we get Anya.

Where is the new mall?
It is outside town (sort of), on the way to Shelechov - kinda by the sports center that was never finished by the river. Since I know all of you know exactly where I am talking about, I'll make it simple - nowhere near downtown, and nowhere within walking distance of any apartments we all stay at.

Does Anya speak English?
Short and sweet...nope

There are more questions that I'll answer - but right now, I am tired and want to go to bed.

Wishing you all a fantastic Sunday!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Kathy, again, thank you so much for all the pics and comments. You're are doing so great, I'm sure you're mentally drained, try to relax before Anya gets there
:-) we're praying for you. (love the pics!)

Becky said...

I love the pics and some of the answers to questions.

Will Anya be able to bring some of her personal belongs with her or will you have to start from scratch? (We were lucky if any foster kids even had a pair of underwear)

You appear to be doing great with the culture there - how much Russian have you picked up? Anya will learn English quickly. When we moved to PR, my brother and I both did well with the language. Being exposed to it everyday is HUGE. I am amazed at how many Russians there are in our area. We had a Russian congregation that used to use our church in the afternoons. A lot in the Goshen area too!

Last night my daughter was over and I showed her the picture of you guys. She thought Anya looked like Marty too.