Thursday, February 18, 2010

forgot to mention - to all PAPs

I had a conversation with Alex about documents, requirements and the American families who continue to wait. He told me that TE MOST IMPORTANT THING is the apostille. After talking through everything, we agreed that for those who are waiting - time and energy should be spent on the apostille FIRST. Why? Because if that isn't the way the Judge wants it to be (and it is more a prosecutor issue than the Judge) - you will have to redo everything anyway. So why make double the work?

Alex is is court at least 3-4 times a week. He currently has 7 families in town. He has been working consistently in the adoption world in Irkutsk for (what?) 16 years. I will tell you that in out court hearing, there was little to no discussion about our documents. When it comes to trust - I completely trust Alex and his experience.

That is my tip for the day...straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak).

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yep, he told us the same thing.
And we are working diligently on it. However, we want to have everything ready to be Apostilled as soon as that situation is resolved so we continue to work on the other non-time-sensitive documents as well.

Interesting he said it was more the prosecutor then the judge. THAT he did not tell us.

Are the families all french? Did I mention that although nice, our french roommates liked to walk around in their underwear? It was an... uh... experience.

Debbie said...

I think in all reality the prosecutor has as much, if not more, power than the judge in determining things with the paperwork. She asked most of the "hard" questions for us too...