Friday, February 12, 2010

we are being spoiled!

We are staying with the Jackson family, and let me tell you – we’re getting spoiled! They have really gone out of their way to make our stay in their home comfortable. Steve has been acting as our driver since we got here – and for that we are SO GRATEFUL! Tami has been making such good home-cooked food for us; I thought I was going to lose weight when we came here…ha! Not with blueberry pancakes for breakfast, homemade soup for lunch and tacos for dinner!

The kids (Ashley, Andrew and Melissa) have all been so helpful too. They’ve been helping us with ideas on what to play with Anya and so on. Melissa is 6, and is really looking forward to meeting Anya and playing together. I am too! I don’t think Anya has ever played girl-games before (dolls, dress up etc.), so I am really excited to see her with other girls playing together.

I don’t know if we’ll ever be able to repay the kindness the Jackson’s are showing us.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That's awesome Kathy, you are certainly blessed! Sounds much better than an apartment heated to 120,000 degrees with French roommates who walk around in their underwear...

kate said...

What a blessing to have friends around you at this time. It's just one, big, extended celebration of Anya's homecoming!

v and K said...

So glad you're enjoying your time with the Jacksons! A real gift. We're very sad we won't be in Irkutsk with you guys after all... but I have to say, we aren't quite as sad about missing -30F! ;-)

Blessings to you,
Kirsten

Nicki said...

What a blessing! They are probably sooooo excited to be a part of this with you, though! :-)

Debbie said...

Also feeling what was already typed...

You will have some great memories -but we all will have "different great" stories and memories tho. Just one more reason for a big celebration once the kids are all home :)