Wednesday, February 17, 2010

it's a girl

At 4:45 today, the Irkutsk Regional Court granted our petition to adopt Anya!

It's like a dream right now. We need to process all that has happened over the past 2 days.

The bottom line? God is good!

28 comments:

Lisa said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

v and K said...

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Oh, we are so excited for you! Thank You, Lord, for this wonderful gift!

Kirsten

Bhunsbuns said...

YEAH! I cannot wait to meet her! Congratulations to both of you for being so persistent and faithful. God IS good :)

Nate and Brenda said...

Oh Kathy and Marty and Anya! I am crying so hard right now with PURE joy!! Thank you Jesus for this precious gift!! So happy and excited!!!

kathmill said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! God is SO good! I am very happy for you!

Amy said...

WHOOOOOHOOOO!!! I am so excited for your family right now. Praise God!

Lisa Betsinger Wojtkowiak said...

Oh Kath!!! I have absolute, true tears of joy for you. I can't believe all that you have gone through and let me tell ya, this wonderful journey is just beginning. My girls and I can't wait to meet Anya!!!

We love you!! Enjoy and praise God!!

Hodges Five said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL!!!!

Fran said...

Wow, it's final, it's really over!! Praise God! Can't wait to meet my granddaughter. I bet you two are exhausted. Crying tears of joy right now, like you said, it all seems like a dream right now. Love you all...

Leslie Mick (d of Dennis Drake, gd of Mary Brunner) said...

Can't tell you how happy we are for you. Long journey. Thank you for being such a great example of patience and grace to all of us.

Michelle Wegner said...

I have no words. None. Except those. :)

Becky said...

Congratulations MAMA! Please keep us posted. Perhaps you will be able to return sooner than anticipated!

Jill said...

Praise Jesus! This is truly a miracle, a gift for you guys and Anya. Hallelujah!

Debbie said...

Congratulations!!! What a journey, what a story - what an example of God's faithfulness and protection... To God be the Glory GREAT THINGS he has done!!!

Nicki said...

Miracles DO happen! Congratulations on your amazing blessing! Have a wonderful week
:-)

Mimi said...

Praise God. Do you know when you will be home and where you are flying into first?

stephanie said...

FANTASTIC - I'M JUST BEYOND HAPPY FOR THE 3 OF YOU. GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

So excited for all of you! God is good!!!

stephanie said...

Kathy - Please post again and let us know when you anticipate leaving Irkutsk. Also, if you need the twins #'s in Moscow - let me know.

Anonymous said...

Praise God! He answers fervent prayers of the righteous

Unknown said...

I have tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. I can't believe it. You are a true testament to miracles happening plus a whole lot of tenacity on your part. Many Blessings for your family of three! ~germaine

Vanessa, Flourish Boutique said...

I am overcome with emotion, joy and praise! Your story is beautiful and the love you have shown for Anya is a true reflection of God's Love for us! I am so incredibly honored to have been witness to this journey. Many hugs and well wishes sent your way! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I have chills!! It takes me back 5 years ago when we adopted our daughters. It is such an awesome feeling!!! Congratulations Mama and Papa!!!! Prayers for a safe journey home!!!!

Unknown said...

God is good! Congratulations!

Kris Peterson said...

Changing your family tree! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! That is the best news I've heard all year!! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Awesome, awesome news!!!!!
Congrats!
FINALLY!!!!

Joan Yoder said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY & DADDY!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!
HALLELUJAH!!
Yeeeeee haaaaaaa!