It is hard to cook here. The oven doesn't have any directions on it. It doesn't work like anything we're used to. The temperature gauge isn't low-med-hi...it says 1-9 (and no indication if 1 if hot or 9 is hot...it is different depending on what kind of oven). Also, in the apartments, you never have the proper tools for cooking. This all on top of the grocery shopping experience - when you don't read Russian! We did have some help this time around.
For some reason, they loaded backwards...but here it goes
First - the famous Tami's pickles. And, if I do say so - this is an especially yummy batch of dill!

The finished dinner. Potato pancakes, chicken and peas. It was pretty good - all but the peas (and you would think that would be the easiest part!). At home, frozen peas are generally cooked. All you really need to do is warm them up. Well, in Russia, I don't think they are cooked yet. They were a little waxy.

Proof! I do cook!

The potato pancakes - they were good!

Marty - helping in the kitchen.
5 comments:
Oh boy - memories! I'm sure you've figurd out that the stove leans slightly and everything runs to the lower left of the pan. And the back right (I think) burner doesn't work well... The potato pancakes looks awesome! Did you grate them all on that horrible grater? I skinned my knuckles every time. Is my super expensive measuring cup still there? Bought it so I had the metric measurements.
You both look so relaxed :)
Those pancakes do look good!
Great post!! love hearing about the food shopping and food! thank you :-)
And I agree with Nicki !!! I crack MYSELF up too! :)
You're looking quite domestic, miladay! Well, if my husband would
EVER get off the phone with my dad, I might try giving you a call!! In the meantime, you look like your having fun (going to the mall, even!) With your fashion savvy, take notes of their high end fashion and try to incorporate a quasi Russian line or look into your shows back here! Call it simply "Anya".
So, why the hold up in getting Anya? Are the children's visas STILL taking so long to get? Very sad.
So, who's taking you food shopping?
How did the courtroom interrogation go? What types of questions did they ask you? Wayne?
You look great!
Take Care!
Post a Comment