Anya was asking a lot today if she could go with us. She asked Julia (our interpreter) several times when she was going to go with us. We still don’t think she completely understands the whole concept of being adopted – but she does know that she is going to go home with us – although she thinks ‘home’ is like where she is now. I think I had a worse time leaving today than Anya did. As we were leaving, she asked if we were coming tomorrow…we said no, but we would come back one day. She kind of sighed and said that she would be waiting, and would miss us. My heart broke. Every single one of her caregivers has asked us when we are taking her home. I know they have no idea what is going on with the court and the Judge.
In Anya’s daily English lessons, we taught her to say I love you. Today she was putting together ‘I love you mommy’ and ‘I love you daddy’.
We’ll have more photos and video to post next week when we get home. We leave Irkutsk tomorrow morning at 8am.
1 comment:
I can't stop looking at this photo. Doesn't it kind of look like one of those "first day of school" pictures? With her new Mary Janes, and cute brown cargos! I'm sorry, but my daughter is the most adorable child in the world!
Post a Comment