Monday, January 26, 2009

allow me to introduce...

THE H FAMILY


WHEN PRAISE GOD DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ENOUGH...

As you probably have read, last Friday M and J were granted the adoption of H (S's bio brother) from the Irkutsk, Russia court. After 5 long mentally, physically and financially draining hearings, the Judge FINALLY approved this adoption

I can't remember when I first met J - I think it was back when they were adopting S (a million years ago). She (along with a select few other pre-adoptive moms) and I have become very close - very supportive of one another - and very protective of one another.

I first heard this news as I was getting ready to go to a work thing...I was at a conference all weekend, and really haven't had time to REALLY process what this means. IT IS HUGE!

I remember years ago brainstorming with J on ways to get our documents in front of the Judge, laughing about the chess game we play in this process, trying to figure out the right combination of puzzle pieces that will be known as document requirements.

Last fall I wondered how I would feel when this day came. When adoptions finally opened up again in Irkutsk. How I would react.

In the past, I've become friends with pre-adoptive Moms on other chat boards. They have all had adoption experiences in other parts of Russia...and when the day came that they could announce that the Judge said 'yes', I found myself fighting a tinge of jealousy. Although I was happy for them, a little part of me was jealous.

Ya know, I can honestly say that there isn't one ounce of me that is jealous of the H family. Every family that goes in front of the Judge will offer more information, more details to the mysterious puzzle pieces.

I've shed a lot of happy tears for this family over the past few days. I've also been given a list of documents that need to be altered to make the Judge happy.

I am so happy...this means we just took a HUGE LEAP forward in our fight to bring Anya home!

5 comments:

Debbie said...

After Friday I hope to be able to give you more information but until then know that she is being consistent in her requests! That is a GOOD thing. And our medicals were accepted today along with other documents.

J. said...

Yes, Debbie is right - her requests are becoming consistent which mean each family should be easier and easier!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW. Prayers to those still waiting. We were there once, but our journey took us to another child.

Godspeed to each of your's!

Becky said...

Good news. That must mean there is hope, there has to be hope, for Anya.

kate said...

This is BIG amazing news! What joy, what blessing!