Thought I could update you on where we are on all of our stuff.
As expected, everything is taking longer than I thought - but such is life in the world of adoption.
We're still working on getting this 8 doctor medical thing back from Granger Family Medicine. Our doc has been WONDERFUL about helping us...but it is taking a little longer than I anticipated. They called me today and said that it will be ready on Tuesday next week.
We're fighting with USCIS on our I600A approval. For those not in the wonderful wacky world of international adoption - this is the approval process you get from Immigration to adopt a foreign child (in a nutshell). We have submitted everything according to the requirements - but they are saying we didn't - that our original home study isn't valid. This makes me crazy! Why was it valid before - why was it OK for the past 4 years? Nothing has changed for the requirements. Our Home Study Agency is at a loss as well. Asking questions of the USCIS is fun, kind of went like this:
*note, you can't call them, everything has to be done via email
Me: "we received a form letter saying we did not supply the requirements of
BLA BLA BLA. We have submitted A,B and C that was sent to you via Fed Ex,
and was signed for by XX on such-n-such date. Please recheck your records,
or further clarify what you are missing"Them: "you failed to comply with the requirements outlined in BLA BLA
BLA"Me: "according to BLA BLA BLA, we are required to supply A,B and C. We
have supplied A,B, and C. Please be more specific"Them: "Ask your Home Study agency"
Me: "HS Agency has no idea what you are requesting, we have supplied
everything that is required as per your documentation provided on your
website. We need specific examples of what or why what I sent does not
comply with your requirements.
Well, that was my morning...and now I am exhausted from it all...and I am STILL not sure what they want!
1 comment:
Kathy, our congressmman was extremely helpful with both our adoptions when we ran into USCIS problems. We got instant resolution to our problems! Try going that route!
Post a Comment