We had an appointment this morning with our doctor - he is working diligently to help us comply with all the requirements on the Russian medical form. Silly thing is - this form and all this work will only help us get a court date. We will have to redo everything, and visit 8 doctors in Irkutsk. Oh well...
So far, everything has been relatively easy...[insert sound of knocking on wood here]. The medical licensing board has been wonderful to work with - they've done the kind of letter we need in the past, and are very willing to help us get whatever we need. I also found the contact phone number from the child placing licensing agency that will provide us a required letter. As soon as I am done typing this note - I will get on the phone to have a conversation with an agency we've been collaborating with on some other requirements.
If everything goes as planned (which means everything comes together, and I get the necessary documents mailed and back to Russia the first of February) - we might have a court date in May...NOW STOP...NO, this doesn't mean this is going to happen (and I really don't think it will), there are WAY TOO many things that could go wrong, and history and experience tells me that things will go wrong.
Things will prove to be very stressful between now and then - working on whatever requirements come up and planning on how to finance an undetermined amount of time without income in Russia (maybe 4-6 weeks?).
We know we are not in charge of any of this. God's plan is SO much better than ours. We know that He will meet our needs (emotionally, document wise and financially) in an amazing way - as He has so many times in the past.
I will continue to post weekly updates here on the progress (or lack thereof).
and that's all I know for now :)
3 comments:
That form and any test results you bring along with help make things much easier on the Russian end!! So it is NOT in vain...
Debbie is right. When visiting clinics here, it is alot easier if you have blood test restults, immunization records, etc. with you! Bring them all, and results of any other recent (not necessarily 3 months) DETAILED medical test results. ESPECIALLY BLOOD WORK! We'll get you copies of what we needed, and came in VERY HANDY!
You must feel like you have been 'pregnant' forever. The wait. The anticipation. The physical illness (tenseness). I am still praying!
Post a Comment