If you are a long time reader of my blog - then you may remember a random post about mean people a while back. Today - I feel the need to again post about mean people. I am done with them...even if they are the same mean people that won't go away, I am declaring that I am done with them. I will NO LONGER take their calls, or participate in their sad mean world. They spoil my mood and my day. And I don't like it when I let someone else take my joy. So - NO MORE!
I tried praying for them. I tried helping them. I tried seeing things through their eyes. And at the end of the day - they are still mean!
Here are some tips for you if you are a mean person, or might have a tendency toward mean-ness:
1. If you leave a voice mail message for someone - and you are yelling at them...chances are they will not call you back
2. If someone comes to your office that you don't want to see, don't pretend to be on the phone - it will ring and your feeble attempt at being mean and ignoring the guest will only make you look stupid
3. Don't get mad at the messenger if you don't like the message (in other words, it's not my fault if the USPS took 5 days to get a letter to your house, when typically it takes 2)
4. If you are given something for free, don't complain about it and try to return it for a 'refund' (how you get a refund on something you didn't pay for is still a mystery to me)
5. If you lie, you will be found out. If you are dishonest, it will bite you in the butt. If you cheat, you will not win. SOMEONE ALWAYS KNOWS WHEN YOU LIE AND CHEAT.
And, my final rant on mean people. The meanest people are those who claim to be Christians...and are mean. It makes me so mad when I know someone is trying to con me, and follows it with "I'll keep you in my prayers". I want to say "no thanks".
Would that be mean?
2 comments:
Oh Kathy - your last paragraph I certainly agree with! I think I'd just look at them, look away and not say anything... They'd get the point! I thankfully either don't have alot of mean people in my life or I choose to be oblivious but certainly agree with the points you made :)
Mean people stink, don't they??
Post a Comment