Thursday, June 05, 2008

Anya's Birthday

Well, the time has come to admit that another birthday is on the horizon, and Anya still isn't home. Every year, I want to go to Russia to spend the day with her - and every year - the flights are way too much for my pocketbook to handle.

So - I went to Target, shopped the $3 t-shirt rack - made sure that there is something for everyone in her group...and got a few things for the little princess. Here is the box. I need to get it to the post office - it usually takes between 2-3 weeks to get boxes there.

*sigh* she will be 6, and has never known what it is like to have the full-time love of a Mama and Papa...

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Anya!! You are so loved by us all!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday to Anya. I just know that next year Anya will be having the biggest, bestest (I know this is not really a word:) birthday party ever. I am always thinking and praying for all of you!

J. said...

I feel for you, Kathy, as we get the same samesadness each time we approach another of Harry's birthdays. Same thoughts - to go there - same realities; the tickets are too expensive - and the same hopes... We know things WILL get better and our kids will come home to celebrate MANY birthdays! What helps us, is that we celebrate on his birthday anyway. Each year is different, but we do SOMETHING special, take pictures, and put them in his scrapbook so he knows he was on our minds, and even though we couldn't be together, we were celebrating him!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday, Anya! Your birthday must be around Genya's and we too have such a hard time on that day each year! But know that your mom and dad and everyone else are praying and thinking about you all the time. Once you get home you'll really learn what fun birthdays are! Debbie

Becky said...

Kathy - One day I will visit your blog and Anya will be home! We went through an adoption that by human standards never should have happened but God had His hands in it and it is a blessing to share about that with our son. Someday you too shall share the story of Anya's miracle adoption.