Thursday, June 12, 2008

so I have to write a bio...

I have been asked to speak for the IU Entrepreneurial Series this year. I think it is a big deal, and I am honored and humbled to be asked.

The other day, I was asked to send my bio to the University, so they could get the brochure done for the series.

I am usually one who is not short on words - but this time I am.

I asked for a sample of what they were looking for, and it read something like this:

Mrs. Smarty Pants 4 time author and chief executive officer of
Really Big Company

For the past 25 years, she has been creating strategic sales, marketing and training programs for numerous clients, including NASA. In 2001, Mrs. Pants was named Indiana
Business Leader of the Year
by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. She also was named the State Small Business Person of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration and Woman Entrepreneur of the Year by Inc. Magazine. In 2003, she was inducted into the Indiana Academy which honors citizens’ contributions to cultural, scientific, literary, civic,religious, and educational development in the state.

She is a native of Oklahoma and a graduate of Purdue University. She
also holds a Masters from the University of Notre Dame, and an honorary doctorate from Harvard.


So - I need to win some things and be named as some things...and fast! I am feeling like a complete loser, and am not sure why they asked me to speak - unless they are looking to contrast Mrs. Smarty Pants with me...which would be an interesting conversation. I know I would be better dressed, and she would have shoe envy...and her big words would make me wish for my online thesaurus!

No comments: