Thursday, June 19, 2008

Craziness of adoption

Let me first say that I know there is no way I am going to be able to complete this adoption. It is going to be all God. If it were simply up to me - my pushing, my document preparation skills - Anya would have been home for years now. I know it is going to be because of prayer and God's grace.

I felt like I needed to say that before I went any further.

[a little background]
I have some friends who had a son who was taken by cancer several years ago. Their beautiful little boy had this amazing sparkle in his eyes - that is what I remember the most...those bright blue eyes.

As this family was going through all the treatments, they were also researching a lot of alternative treatments. I remember praying for them as they traveled (to what seemed like) every corner of the earth, in the hopes that something would be the cure for their little boy. At the time, in the back of my mind, I will admit a little part of me wondered if they had lost their minds. Some of these alternate treatments seemed like hokus pokus.

OK - fast forward to me...now.

If I told you everything that I have tried to get Anya home. All of the prayer meetings we've been to, all of the people we've had pray for us...you would think I had lost my mind. We even stopped at a friend's place last weekend to have this man pray for us. He is from Africa - and is a missionary to the United States (sounds backwards, I know...that is what I thought too). Anyway, we thought maybe he has the gift of powerful prayer...we should stop in and have him pray for us - so we did. I've gone out of my way to meet people who are from Russia - people who 'rumor has it' have some power in Russia. I've spoken to people who have business connections in Russia. Researchers who have spent time in Irkutsk, who know a lot of people in that city - thinking maybe they knew someone with some pull.

I don't think I am losing it - and now I know all the feelings my friends went through years ago with their little boy - YOU WILL DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN.

I have an overwhelming feeling that now is the time to pray. Over the past week, I have been getting a pretty strong message to fast and pray. Every thing I read, see, hear on the radio, listen to at church, at small group - it's all about this topic. I think I need to break a little to let God take over to fix it. (which might not make any sense at all...unless you're in my head right now)

So I am going to do another crazy thing to try to bring Anya home. I haven't figure out how/when/what to fast yet. I hope God gives me those answers - because I would like to fast meat (that is a joke - I am a vegetarian).

Anyone have any tips on fasting?

No comments: