Thursday, June 12, 2008

Invitation

I just started a new Bible Study group. I am so excited about this group. The whole point is to go "further Up and Further In". Love that.

One of the cool things about this group, is that it meets on Tuesday mornings at Panera. Now, why would I think this is so great? Well, Panera has the best Chai Latte I've had in a long time...I know, that alone isn't a great reason to join a Bible Study group, but for me, it worked. I was also excited to be a in a study with a diverse group of ladies - pastor wives, those that work in full time ministry, those new to Christ...and me.

I also love the idea of a study being focused on getting close to the Word. For me, over the past 4 years on this adoption journey, I feel like sometimes I am all prayed out. I have found myself trying to pray, ask God for guidance, ask for peace...and I can't. I am all prayed out. I need something new, a new way to energize my prayer life...and I really love it that this study came up at just the perfect time.

Another thing that I love about this group, is that we have people joining in 'virtually' via our group's blog. I would like to invite all of you to join with me. The book is called Spiritual Disciplines Devotional: A Year of Readings by Valerie Hess. You can find the book on Amazon. The link to our study's blog is http://michellewegner.typepad.com/further_up_further_in/

Michelle, the facilitator of the group said it best when she posted this on her blog:

My favorite books ever are the Chronicles of Narnia books. I have read and re-read them ever since I was in 2nd grade. The final book entitled "The Last Battle" is about the end of the Narnian world. As the world was crumbling around them, they had to march "further up, and further in" to the land Aslan called them to. The land crumbling around them was dying, and yet they looked ahead and saw Aslan's land, the "real" Narnia. Where everything in Narnia was like a paper copy of what they saw ahead of them.

Further up, and Further in is how I want to live. I want to live every day walking closer to Heaven, seeing new things with my eyes. Seeing Heaven for what it is. Seeing earth as the paper copy of Heaven.

I'm glad you'll be joining me on this journey. I'm sure there are plenty of
adventures ahead.

No comments: