I keep having these odd dreams. I wish I could write them off of a product of eating to much before I went to bed, or an overactive mind that is trying to get rest…but night after night, these odd dreams (not bad, not good – just odd) keep happening.
Last night I had this dream that didn’t end. I didn’t get out of bed until after 10 this morning – I was trying to go back to sleep and finish the dream. Well, in this dream, we had been in Russia for over a week. Our entire family was with us. I couldn’t understand why we weren’t able to go to the orphanage. I asked the driver and he said that there was some problem in getting the permission from the adoption center. This was something that I had never heard of before, and as I pressed for more details, the driver just stopped talking.
We finally got to the orphanage, and it wasn’t where Anya was (scary, but I could drive myself there if I were in Irkutsk right now). On the way there, we passed by this car that had a big sign painted on it with the last name of some friends who are also adopting from Irkutsk. Now, I’ve never met this family in person – but I feel like I know them because of how much we’ve shared through this process. Anyway, in the dream, I look and notice that Debbie (my friend) was driving (remember that I have never met her, and don’t really know what she looks like). I am yelling at her, trying to get her attention, banging on the window of the car I am in – but she doesn’t hear me.
So we get to this pace, and the authorities and coordinators are trying to get us to adopt a child – but it isn’t Anya. It is a boy, a very big (like giant) boy. They were trying to convince me that this boy was Anya, and I remember thinking in my dream, that I didn’t want to do this – I didn’t want to be the mama to a giant boy. It was so odd. I look over at the other children, and see Anya…then the dream ends.
Odd
2 comments:
Somewhat funny in a strange way! I've had dreams too that I can't put meaning to... I think our situation(s) is/are just on everyone's minds right now our sub-conscious is playing with us!
I'm no dream expert. However, I would say that in your dream, the parts of being denied visitation to the orphanage; banging on the window of the car but not getting the attention of the driver; and being offered and told to adopt a different child all equate to the real life obstacles and frustrations that you have experienced over the years in trying to adopt Anya.
Stephanie
Post a Comment