It's noon on Monday, and we just stopped home for lunch between visits with Anya today. She was going to the eye doctor after lunch, so we should have the results from that test this afternoon.
This morning, Anya was REALLY rialed up. I think this was because of a few things; first, she was waiting for us to come visit and play all weekend...and we never showed up. So today when we got there, she was VERY excited. Then, I think that she is feeling more and more comfortable with us - which means she is testing her boundaries. That is a good thing. She knows if she does something bad, we'll still come back to see her. But now she is testing us to see what we will do when she doesn't behave. We had a lot of "that is not OK" and "do not do that" times this morning. Of course, Anya thinkg it is funny when we talk Russian in phrases like that, so she just laughed. I held her at one point and was trying to get her to calm down, doing the good 'ol 'shhhh' thing. So, little Anya was shhhhhh - ing me right back. Oh well...
All of the over excitment, throwing a toy, jumping on Mama and Papa, dumping out purses and then saying 'no, I am not going to clean that up' was being observed by a psychologist. Oh goodie. I didn't really know that at the time, and even if I did, I don't know what we would have done differently. After it was all said and done, the phychologist said that she thinks we play well together, and that she liked the way we didn't let her get away with things. WHEW! I guess a lot of pre adoptive parents do let thier kids get away with bad behavior.
This afternoon will be our last visit - and will be an emotional time for all of us. We're trying to figure out how we are going to tell Anya we aren't coming tomorrow. Keep us in your prayers, this will be a hard afternoon.
-K & M
No comments:
Post a Comment