I think I am going to have the party for the kids at the orphanage on Friday afternoon. I try not to do anything grand for the kids at the beginning of my trip. I’ve learned if I do that, every day when I get there, I am mobbed – they think I am bringing them gifts or candy every day.
This will also give me some time tomorrow to purchase what I need for the party – and get “official” permission with my translator. I wanted to do this party thing yesterday (i.e. Wednesday) – but I was without interpreter – and I can’t imagine what it would take for me to try to get them to understand what I was asking. Ugh!
1 comment:
You're alot smarter than me. I always take stuff to the kids on my first visit - then become mauled each time thereafter as the kids don't leave me alone. Ironically, a girl named Anya was the biggest culprit on my last trip. She just NEVER left me alone - which is sad since since it shows how much these kids crave attention, yet annoying since it's difficult to have quality time with Harry with Anya constantly trying to run to me, sit on my lap, hugging my legs as I walk, etc. And then when I get annoyed, I am reminded that most of these kids will never know the affecdtion of a mother, and I relent and let her crawl up in my lap and just enjoy that feeling...
Post a Comment