Wednesday, December 31, 2008

thoughts on Tuesday...


Tuesday

Today was a great visit with Anya. She sat and colored just about all morning. In the afternoon, Julia (our interpreter) was not able to work – so I went to see Anya by myself. I was concerned about the language thing, but it went OK.

One thing about our little princess…she can be a stinker when she has too much sugar. She had 2 cookies and 2 pieces of candy – then, watch out! Little miss over excited was bouncing off the walls! Today, I won’t bring any candy with me – maybe an apple


Had lunch with our coordinator today. He told me of a court date for one of my friends…SO EXCITED about this! I don’t want to spoil it for her, so that is all I am going to say about that

I found out that no one is going to be working on Jan. 1. This week is like the week of Christmas for us. Because no one is working, I won’t be able to see Anya. I am going to try to find a work around for that – make some calls etc.

One bad thing – this afternoon we went to exchange some cash, and couldn’t. The bank’s ONLY exchange window was closed – and won’t reopen until Jan. 11th. To my ‘other’ friend who will be coming here on the 6th – you might be wise to exchange some money before you get to Russia. Thankfully – I brought some with me…and more and more places take credit cards now - kind of nice.

Debbie - yes, I got a flat iron, and will give it to Alex for you. You can also have the pot, pan and knife I had to get :).






2 comments:

Debbie said...

yeah about the flat iron! :) One thing off my list! I'm so happy you're having great visits... I just wish it was about 2-weeks later! :( Love the posts!

J. said...

Harry's the same with candy...luckily he still thinks bananas are a HUGE treat!