Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Barbie goes on a Mission Trip

One of my friends has 3 (as she says) very spirited girls. They are stinkin' adorable. I love the stories I've heard about the girls, about the funny things they do - the amazing things they do - and the things they do when they are just being kids. This is my friend who told me one of her girls was "playing Mrs. Kathy" one day. Hummmm, made me wonder how a little girl would 'play' me!


I stopped by this friends house yesterday, and her girls had prepared a gift for the girls in Anya's group. They picked out several very special Barbies to send with me. These chosen few have had their hair fixed (some even got a special hair cut), and have special outfits picked out for this mission.
These Barbie dolls will surely bring a lot of happiness to the girls in Anya's group. These Barbie dolls are being sent on a very special mission trip - they have a job to do - to let a few girls on the other side of the world know that 3 girls in Granger, Indiana were thinking about them this Christmas, and that these Barbies mean 3 very spirited little girls will pray for them.
Who knows what kind of an impact a seemingly small gift like this will make in the lives of the girls in Irkutsk.
I am glad to have friends with thoughtful children. I hope Anya will want to be like her 'very spirited' friends. I pray that she will think of others, and be surrounded by friends who love Jesus. I hope one day she will go through her Barbie collection, and package up some dolls to send to orphan girls on the other side of the world...just to let them know someone is thinking about them, and will pray for them.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

How nice!

Wishing you a wonderful trip! I'll be reading daily (probably more than daily!!)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift from the 'girls'. I'm so anxious for you to go so we're able to read about Anya and all of the updates.

annieology said...

You go Barbie! Spread the love of Jesus.