Tuesday, July 22, 2008

it was horrible, humilitating...

Yes, I surrendered to my bum foot. While going from one gate in Detroit to catch our next flight today, I broke down, and let my hubby wheel me through the airport in a wheelchair. My thought was that:
1. we'd get from point A to point B faster
2. people wouldn't gawk at me hobbling around the terminal
3. I am sure there is some benefit to my ouchy foot in not walking 32 miles from the C gates to the A gates

Well - people did gawk. Apparently no one under the age of 80 gets wheeled around in a chair...through the airport. Maybe people didn't see the 10 pound massive plastic and Velcro boot on my foot. I wondered what they were thinking.

I decided to hide behind my computer bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kath.

I love ya!!! Bless your heart for giving in to your pain. I would've hidden too. Do you remember how close I am to Detroit!!! I would've taken you home myself!!!

Lisa B.

Debbie said...

Oh man - too funny! I can't tell my son about this or he'll fake an injury to get a ride in a cart at the airport!