Also - as a reminder for those in the Michiana area (and if you don't live in MIchiana - we will be praying from 3pm - 4pm) - we're hosting a "prayer cookout" on Sunday (tomorrow) - we are going to gather to pray for Jessie (and other things that have been going on in our circle of friends). If you would like to join us, drop me an email and I'll send you specifics.
Below is a note I received about what is going on with her:
We spent about 5 hours at the hospital today doing a full body scan and talking to a team of specialists. Here is the update.
First and foremost…Glory to God!
Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8
And the prayer of FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; James 5:14,15
We prayed specifically that the cancer in Jessie's body was not in her bone marrow (even though initially the doctors thought it was) Also specifically that the cancer was not anywhere else in her body. Praying specifically we are able to give Glory solely to God when these prayers are answered.
Both of these prayers were answered today! So what does this mean? It means it is in her favor that this tumor is isolated. Surgery really at this point is not an option and would leave Jessica handicapped with no use of her arm. She has to undergo High dose chemotherapy and possibly radiation. She also has to do stem cell transplant as the chemo will kill her cells but also her bone marrow. The stem cell transplant reintroduces her own cells back into her body.
What we are specifically praying for now is that the chemo will shrink the tumor and eliminate it. Jessie has possibly a year of treatment and a long road ahead of her.
Thank you so much for your prayers, concerns and to all that are able to help in fundraising of any kind.
God bless all of you.
Bart and Kim
1 comment:
Hi Kathy,
Michelle Wegner gave me the link for your blog. My name is Julie Chaisson and I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I wanted to encourage you in your journey to bring Anya home (you WILL bring her home one day). I was truly blessed by your humbleness and your love of Jesus Christ even when things seem to not go as you and your husband plan. My husband and I have two homegrown boys and an adopted daughter from China. We waited 16 months for her and we are registered to go back for our second daughter but the wait will be more like 3 or more years this time around. I was reminded of something that I read yesterday in Revelations 3. "I know your works. See I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it...". God has opened this door for you and NO ONE can shut it. I just traveled from the Ukraine and met a couple who was on their second trip and had been waiting three years. It doesn't seem right that so many children need homes and because of red tape they wait. I will be praying for you and be encouraged that one day you will have your daughter in your arms and she will know the fight you gave and that you did not give up so she could be where God intended her to be. Many people don't realize the bond between mother, father and child is no different whether adopted or otherwise. You have a daughter and she has a mother and a father and what I love is that God has such plans for these children. Adoption is not God's plan B it is his plan A as we are all adopted into his family. Can you tell I'm a bit passionate about orphans. I just recently left my job to work full time with an organization my husband and I created called Children from the Heart. We want to be used by God to address this orphan crisis in the world. If you get a chance you can check out my blog at www.straightfromtheheart.typepad.com
I was touched by your story and I am touched by your faith.
In Christ,
Julie Chaisson
Post a Comment