
My birthday was this past weekend. Generally on my BDay weekend, I invite friends over to our house for a cookout - they don't know it is for my bday - and I like it that way. It's always THE way I want to spend that day...serving my friends, and allowing them to have a great time...and we always have a memorable time! (in photo to left Brian and Vicki)
This year, we kicked off our cookout with a time of prayer. We prayed for little Jessie, the adoption, oppressed regions in the world, and so many other things I can't begin to remember them all...a full hour of non-stop prayer - IT WAS SOOO COOL!
I think the BEST part of the evening was when my brother's butt went flying through the seat of one of the chairs we have (well, had) on the deck. In his defense, the wicker on the chairs was old, and that was probably the reason...but don't think that I didn't have a TON of fun teasing him about it!
Of course, then my darling husband had to go ape on the other chair. He said he was 'helping, just in case someone else tried to sit on that chair" He didn't want anyone to get embarrassed...but, I think he just had a good time punching holes in the chairs!
Joan, Kim, Steve and Kris pigging out.






1 comment:
Sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday! Of course your poor brother will never be the same, I'm sure!
Post a Comment