Anyway - here is what his blog said about a conversation Mark was having with some guy:
After telling a guy I was heading out Sunday for another week of Camp Adventure,
he commented...
"C'mon Mark. Is all the effort and time worth it? Don't you have other things to do? Missing sleep and sweating for a week in a rustic camp with Middle-Schoolers seems crazy. Why do you keep doing it? Does it really matter?"
I think it does matter (I've been going to Camp Adventure for the last 35 years) so let me spin the question...Let me ask you, "What matters in your life?"
Ask yourself: "Was there a week of my life that marked me, inspired me and changed me - for the better? What happened during that week? Who made that week so special to me? Why am I still cherishing that week as a formative time in my life?"
It got me to thinking - about a week in my life that marked me - changed me. Without hesitation, the week we went to Russia in 2004.
What about you?
1 comment:
I know for sure, that travelling to Angarsk changed my life forever. Life will never be the same, and that's a good thing! My priorities are SO different today, as opposed to prior to our first trip in 2003.
Post a Comment