Saturday, March 15, 2008

back to reality

Well, after traveling since the first of March, we're back to reality. Although we were traveling for business, it was good to get away.

Our travels started in Oklahoma. Now - I will admit, when I scheduled the biz trip to Tulsa, I wasn't very excited about it. But I will tell you now - that we LOVED Tulsa! All of the people we met were wonderful - very friendly. The client we went there to see we loved. Marty got along very well with the husband, and I simply loved the wife. We've planned several more trips there - and they are going to come here (to Chicago).

Then we were off to LA. I am not a big fan of Los Angeles. Been there several times - and never felt very comfortable. We stayed in a great location - 1-block from the ocean and boardwalk. But there were homeless people everywhere.

WARNING ABOUT THE PHOTO - I needed a haircut before we left for Tulsa - and couldn't get in until next week...so no comments about my do. It is bad!




After LA, we headed to San Francisco. Funny how things work out. I have been stressed and over-committed for months. No time to stop and catch my breath. About the time we were packing up to head to SF, my client called to cancel. NOT what I wanted to hear! But - she had an employee that had been killed at work - in Germany. So, my client was on a flight heading to Germany (not so mad when I heard that!). Marty and I soon found ourselves with 2 days - an no appointments. What to do with all that time?

On Monday, we headed to Napa. We love Napa - it is beautiful at any time of the year. ON a whim, we stopped in a winery called Mumm. What a great time! They specialize in 'bubbles' (i.e. fizzy wine like champagne etc.). We got to try things we would never had otherwise. They had a great art gallery - lots of photographs...the kind that bring tears to your eyes when you see the beauty of nature captured in film. What am amazing way to really see God's power!









Tuesday, we spent the day downtown. Of course we had to go to Nordstrom. It would have been wrong to be THAT close to a Nordstrom, and not do a little shoe shopping! We did the tourist trolley ride thing to the wharf - it was nice.


Now, we're gearing up for several other biz adventures. Miami, Chicago, Tulsa, and trying to plan something into Virginia and maybe the Carolinas.

1 comment:

Nate and Brenda said...

Love the pictures!!!!