Friday, March 28, 2008

fall out and need for prayer

Since the most recent tragedy of another Russian child - rumors have surfaced of some regions in Russia stopping adoptions. Funny how these things start - apparently there are up to 9 regions in Russia who are going to stop adoptions until the outcome of this latest murder comes to light.

Amazing...

This news comes on the heels of news that the MOE (Ministry of Education - the government body that oversees orphanages and adoptions in Russia) is once again trying to outlaw independent adoption. Their definition of 'independent' is any foreigner adopting in Russia who isn't using a Russian certified agency. In a press release from the MOE, it states,
"For a more thorough screening of prospective parents and in-depth training of foreign nationals to receive a child in their family, the MinEdSci bill proposes to establish a mandatory psychological examination and passing a specific training program for the admission of a child in foster families."


Who knows what this would include.

I the past week, I've taken a serious look at myself, and my energy level to bring Anya home. My commitment has not changed; but if I am honest, my energy has diminished over the past few months. I have been praying for her, as I always do…but I wonder if my prayers are void of the energy needed.

So, what to do…

I am AGAIN asking for anyone reading this blog to ban with us in prayer. I am asking for you to pass the word on your blogs, chat rooms - anywhere you visit online with those who pray. We are asking specifically for united prayer and/or fasting every Friday. Prayers for the adoption situation in Russia, for all the orphans in that country, and for the families who have adopted and who are adopting children from Russia.

Are you in? Will you ban with us in this prayer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathy & Marty,
I am with you 100% in prayer, hoping and wishing, loving Anya, whatever is needed. I have felt your energy diminish these past few weeks. Please tell us what more we're able to do for you?

Love you,

Mom