Wednesday, January 27, 2010

short update

I just had a feeling we'd have some kind of issue with the Visa.

It's a long convoluted story, but it appears that what is required to get a business visa, with the purpose of the business listed as 'adoption' varies embassy to embassy. No, I am not kidding. The Embassy we are trying to get a visa with (Washington) said we need some invitation letter from Ovir (like the Russian immigration services). Well, this letter takes 30-45 days to get. In talking to our guy in Irkutsk, this letter isn't generally required by other Embassies in the world (well, of course not!). So I called the Houston Embassy, and they said they did not require that.

Now, I am not going to take what Houston said and get all excited. I am going to call back tomorrow and talk to someone in charge to be sure. In the meantime, our passports etc. are 'in hold' with this visa processing company in Virginia.

I will figure it out tomorrow - it's just paperwork.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It'll be fine... try to get some rest.

Debbie said...

Well I believe Houston as New York did not require that - only that one piece of paper (that they couldn't read for 3-days as you may remember) :)

Pray before panic -- remember that!

stephanie said...

If possible, Get your docs overnighted back from Washington and re-send everything through the Visa Center in Houston for processing. Let me know if you need anything!!

kate said...

Yep. Just paperwork.

Peace, out.

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed for an easy solution to this. It will happen!!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Geez Louise! Enough already.

Debbie said...

is this resolved?