Monday, January 18, 2010

too many words, not enough pictures

I noticed that my past few posts have been all words, and no pictures. So rather than to bore you with all of the amazing things that happened at the concert and days leading up to the concert last Friday night...I offer the concert...in photos (thanks to Brittani Renee Photography!) See all of the pics HERE.

I will need to add some words about some of these photos...ya know, because I am a wordy-type...

Do you know Dale Shafer? If not, you should. He is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met. Not only does he have a great sense of humor, but he is a very talented drummer. And no ladies, he is not available (sorry!)! He is getting married in May! YAY!

Steve Smith is the husband of my super-duper good friend Vanessa. We lost several emcees right before the concert, and there for a minute I thought I was going to have to emcee (which would have been odd). Steve jumped into the emcee role (literally) at noon the day of the concert - and he did an AMAZING job!!! THANKS!

This is our dear friend Angie Henry. She is amazing and beautiful...inside and out. She is the kind of person that makes you a better person. And her voice? WHOAH!
Here is a shot of my sweet friend Larisa and her son George with my sister in law, Lori...they graciously agreed to help us at the ticket counter for the concert. I know time is precious, and something neither one of them have a lot of...so I appreciate them VERY much!
This is Todd Bruce - he and his beautiful wife Lorraine are great friends. He was in the zone playing his bass guitar!
Of course, my frighteningly talented husband - he sang 3 songs that he wrote. One of the songs, called 'home' is about Anya. I hope he is able to get the video to that song, and the song up on You Tube soon so you all can hear it and be in awe of his talent.

He has a website where he has posted a TON of his music - that website is currently being used as an adoption donation page, but we will take that down soon so you can hear the music www.martyfriend.com

Kim Stewart and Angie Henry singing...which they should do more often! I love to see the pure joy in their faces when they sing. Kim also sang a song that ROCKED the house! I just love Kim...the more I get to know her and her heart, the more I just love her!

Seth Bible and band...and yes, that is his REAL name! Seth, oh what to say about Seth...the God given talent he has is something I can't seem to find words for. His music touches hearts every. single. time. he sings. (and he has an adorable girlfriend named Sarah!)
Mark Pitcher jams! Period!
Dean Swihart agreed to join in on the concert fun at the last minute. His talent really added a ton to the concert! Thanks Dean!

Kim Helmbreck is one of my BFFs, and oh goodness can that girl SANG! Kim is married and lives in Milwaukee now, so I so appreciate her driving over to our neck of the woods for the weekend to share her talents with us.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love the captions - it "almost" takes me there.. I so wish we could have attended. Maybe you can do it again next year! :)