Sunday, January 31, 2010

yes, but it is a dry cold

I can't believe we're getting down to the wire - down to the time when we leave for Russia...for about 2 months.

Everything that we have to think about is overwhelming...but right now - this is what is overwhelming me. This photo was taken TODAY at our friends home (who we're staying with).

Yes, that says about 50 BELOW ZERO! As I told Tami (the owner of this photo)...I - I - I can't even talk about this!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

COldest it got when we were there was -30.

Fran said...

I can't even imagine!

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is frigid! Bundle up and prepare for the cold chill of Siberia.

Becky said...

I always say you know it is cold when your nose hairs freeze. Yours will.

Debbie said...

it IS a dry cold! LOL -- it will be fine - we lived through it and you will too

kate said...

Yeah...but there comes a point when it doesn't matter what the temperature is. It's just COLD.

(Nose hairs and eyeball juice freeze at about -25C...)

You can do it! And think what great stories you're getting. ;> It's not that cold here. We've had a warming trend and are almost up to freezing.

(I'd pack a hot water bottle for each of you. It will make sleeping MUCH more comfortable with that tucked at the foot of the bed for cold feet.)

Lisa Betsinger Wojtkowiak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Betsinger Wojtkowiak said...

Indiana winter is going to feel awesome for Anya!! She'll be running around like it's summer!