
I'm posting this because I remember other friends with pets having issues with their little fur babies before they left to bring their children home.
Well - today I noticed that Lola (the little cat on the left) is missing hair on the back side of her legs. I tell you, this was not the way it was yesterday. I looked online, and saw everything from ringworm to stress.
The big cat (Jazzy - on the right) has been acting funny - needing attention, jumping on my desk (and not allowing me to type on my keyboard). Jazz has also been a bit more aggressive toward Lola - but I marked that up to boredom...when the cats get bored, they seem to chase each other around the house more.
The only thing I can think is that the day before yesterday, I opened up the guest room, put the suitcases out on the bed to start packing. Lola has been sleeping on that bed (and had pretty much claimed that room as her own) ever since. Jazz has been around enough to know what a suitcase means.
So yes, I am freaking out a little bit. My Mom has pet (vet) experience, so she is coming over tomorrow to take a look.
I just hope it isn't anything serious.
Thanks for indulging me...and my crazy lady cat drama.
5 comments:
It very well could be a stress reaction. We have dogs and cats and have learned that they definitely pick up on it when we are leaving.
Praying for you guys. I don't post often, but it doesn't mean you are not in my thoughts and prayers!
Yvonne
I am soooooo excited for you! I just had to say that again!
I lived in Puerto Rico growing up and our dog immediately went on a hunger strike when she saw the suitcases come out each Summer. She wouldn't eat for quite some time once we left for the States.
The one dog we have now is also attuned because he thinks I am going to the cabin and he goes nuts thinking he is getting a mini vacation!
Pets are perceptive. I'd guess stress. And, I'm sure they'll both be fine while you're away.
Still, it's hard leaving knowing they KNOW.
I have to make sure I pet each cat every day. That's how little time they get now. Poor kitties. But, that's also the reason I got the second cat--company for #1.
The seconds we start pulling suitcases out, Winston starts freaking out, walking around the house following me, not sleeping or eating, etc. It is hilarous. We've had him for 12 years, and he's on to our tricks. :)
Post a Comment