Saturday, January 16, 2010

date

For those who weren't at the concert last night, I guess I should fill you in on the news.

We have a court date! February 16th at 10am

One month from today...

As with all Irkutsk adoptions, the paperwork issue going into court is a completely stressful situation. There are some technical problems with Anya's documents (which is why our date is a month away, and not 2 weeks away). We need your prayers that all of those little issues are worked out in a way that pleases the Judge.

I will be forever grateful to our guy who has been working so hard for us over there. This past week, he has truly gone above and beyond. Most of the problems with Anya's documents are the fault of the original orphanage she was in, and/or the Adoption Center. He has intervened on our behalf, driving to remote villages and solving problems.

We also heard that because we're American, we should plan on our court hearing going for at least 2 days -here is the 'neat' thing. We can't expect that those 2 days are (for example) a Tuesday / Wednesday. There could be 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, 10 days in between those 2 dates. Yippe (insert appropriate sarcasm here). This could potentially add another week to our stay. PRAYING this isn't the case, and God goes before us to bless the entire process...and that a miracle happens and we are able to complete the court process in one day. (honestly, I don't even care if that is a 10 hour day!).

Over the next few weeks, I'll post more updates on our progress.

We are truly blessed by your constant prayers for our process and for our little girl!

9 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations on receiving a court date. We are so excited for you and hope that everything goes smoothly and there won't be a delay between the two days!

God bless!

Becky said...

A very specific prayer request for a very detail oriented God.

Siberia said...

We are praying every day, and this will give us another specific thing to pray for. Looking forward to seeing you!

Nate and Brenda said...

Excited about you finally having a court hearing!!

kate said...

Hooray!! I've been waiting for this news.

I really think court is just a formality--even if it is a long, drawn-out one.

How was the concert? Please video of post THE song. Please?

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!! Fantastic news on receiving a court date! Pray all issues are resolved and there won't be a lengthy wait between the two days.

Lisa Betsinger Wojtkowiak said...

Prayers for you all. I am so excited!

Debbie said...

I've been waiting for this post and missed it! SOOO Happy for you! Will be walking those steps mentally with you (except you're at a different courthouse than we were..) regardless... it's moving! And be thankful for the extra time to get ready - it really will fly... And hopefully you can get an adoption visa that allows you to leave the country IF NEEDED... that was one thing we sort of missed having... But anyways, SO HAPPY and THRILLED that you're on your way to get Anya!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the court date and your reunion with Anya. You and your family will be in our prayers in the coming month.